Background and reference layers:
- GEBCO_08: TheGEBCO_08 Grid is a 30 arc-second global bathymetry/topography grid.
Released: January 2009, updated November 2009.
Copyright Text: IOC, IHO and BODC, 2009. Centenary Edition of the GEBCO Digital Atlas, published on CD-ROM on behalf of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission and the International Hydrographic Organization as part of the General Bathymetric Chart of the Oceans, British Oceanographic Data Centre, Liverpool, U.K.
Shaded-relief visualization by J. Varner, CIRES, University of Colorado at Boulder and NOAA/NGDC.
- ETOPO1:ETOPO1 Global Relief Model - Amante, C. and B. W. Eakins, ETOPO1 1 Arc-Minute Global Relief Model: Procedures, Data Sources and Analysis. NOAA Technical Memorandum NESDIS NGDC-24, 19 pp, March 2009. Shaded-relief visualization by J. Varner and E. Lim, CIRES, University of Colorado at Boulder and NOAA/NGDC.
- Simple background: GSHHS version 2.0 (Global Self-consistent, Hierarchical, High-resolution Shoreline Database)
- Imagery: ESRI World Imagery
- World Maritime Boundaries:VLIZ Maritime Boundaries Geodatabase (version 5.0, 2009)
- U.S. Exclusive Economic Zone:NOAA Office of Coast Survey
- World City Locations:ESRI Data and Maps DVDs
- Geographic/marine region labels, country boundaries, state/province boundaries, rivers, lakes:Natural Earth Data
Map projection:WGS84 Web Mercator (Auxilary Sphere); EPSG:3857.
Disclaimer: All international boundaries, maritime boundaries, and placenames are shown for general orientation and reference only; they do not necessarily represent official U.S. policy.