|NGDC Marine Trackline Geophysics Database|
|This data set contains bathymetry, magnetic, gravity and seismic shot point navigation data collected during marine cruises from 1939 to the present. Coverage is worldwide. These data are stored in the MGD77 exchange format and are available for download in a variety of user selectable formats. One Header record and multiple Data records are available for a particular cruise/leg (port to port operation). The Header record documents both the content and the structure of the subsequent Data records, containing that part of the data that remains invariant throughout the cruise. The Data records present geophysical data (bathymetry, magnetics and gravity) and seismic information (shot-point identification) with a corresponding time and position. Documentation that varies within the cruise is also included with the data records. Data are fully searchable on-line by geographic area, year of cruise, institution, platform, cruise, date or data type.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Geophysical Survey Data
- Search for Marine Geophysical Trackline Data
- Marine Geophysical Trackline Data Homepage
- NGDC’s Marine Trackline Geophysics database provides access to bathymetry, magnetics, gravity and seismic reflection data collected during marine cruises from 1939 to the present. Coverage is worldwide. Data sources include both US and non-US oceanographic institutions, universities, and government agencies.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
DOC/NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC > National Geophysical Data Center, NESDIS, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce
Contact Data Center
7:00 - 4:00 Mountain
- Depends on the Data Set
- Ordering Instructions
- Ordering Instructions: Price information is available upon request. Prepay by check, money order or bank card. There is a standard handling charge, with additional costs for special handling. Orders may be placed via fax, email, regular mail or telephone.
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Legal Constraints