|Community Coastal Digital Elevation Models from NOAA/NGDC|
|NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) builds and distributes high-resolution, coastal digital elevation models (DEMs) that integrate ocean bathymetry and land topography to support NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in Earth’s environment, and conserve and manage coastal and marine resources to meet our Nation’s economic, social, and environmental needs. Bathymetric, topographic, and shoreline data used in DEM compilation are obtained from various sources, including NGDC, the U.S. National Ocean Service (NOS), the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and other federal, state, and local government agencies, academic institutions, and private companies. DEMs are referenced to a variety of vertical tidal datums, generally Mean High Water, and horizontal datum of World Geodetic System 1984 (WGS84). Cell size is based on user requirements and generally range from 1/3 arc-second (~10 meters) to 1 arc-second.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Integrated Models of Coastal Relief from NOAA/NGDC Homepage
- Information, preview and access DEM, metadata record and development report.
- Format version: (version is unknown)
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints