|Global Digital Elevation Models (DEM) - ETOPO1 Global Relief Model|
|In August 2008, the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC), an office of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), developed the ETOPO1 Global Relief Model as an improvement to the ETOPO2v2 Global Relief Model. ETOPO1 is available in "Ice Surface" (top of Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets) and "Bedrock" (base of the ice sheets) versions. Both versions of ETOPO1 were generated from diverse global and regional digital data sets, which were shifted to common horizontal and vertical datums, and then evaluated and edited as needed. Bathymetric, topographic, and shoreline data used in ETOPO1 were obtained from NGDC, Antarctic Digital Database (ADD), European Ice Sheet Modeling Initiative (EISMINT), Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), Japan Oceanographic Data Center (JODC), Caspian Environment Programme (CEP), Mediterranean Science Commission (CIESM), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC), Scripps Institute of Oceanography (SIO), and Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research (LIBSR). ETOPO1 is vertically referenced to sea level, and horizontally referenced to the World Geodetic System of 1984 (WGS 84). Cell size for ETOPO1 is 1 arc-minute.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- ETOPO1 Global Relief Model netCDF DEM
- Download NetCDF DEM, metadata and Readme file.
- Global Digital Elevation Models (DEM) - ETOPO1 Global Relief Model Homepage
- Information, preview and access DEM, metadata record and development report.
- netCDF, GRD98, binary, xyz, georeferenced tiff, ASCII xyz, ASCII raster, GRD98 binary raster, pdf, png, jpeg, kmz
- Format version: (version is unknown)
- Compression: generally GZIP
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints