|San Juan Islands, Washington Coastal Digital Elevation Model|
|NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) is building high-resolution digital elevation models (DEMs) for select U.S. coastal regions. These integrated bathymetric-topographic DEMs are used to support individual coastal States as part of the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program’s (NTHMP) efforts to improve community preparedness and hazard mitigation. Bathymetric, topographic, and shoreline data used in DEM compilation are obtained from various sources including: NGDC; the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS); Naval Oceanographic Office (NAVOCEANO); NOAA’s Coastal Service Center; and other federal, state, and local government agencies, academic institutions, and private companies. The DEM is referenced to the vertical tidal datum of Mean High Water (MHW).|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- San Juan Islands, Washington Coastal Digital Elevation Model ASCII DEM
- Download DEM, metadata and readme file.
- San Juan Islands, Washington Coastal Digital Elevation Model Homepage
- Information, preview and access DEM, metadata record and development report.
- DEM text search tool
- Text search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- Map Interface
- Graphic geo-spatial search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- ESRI Arc ASCII
- Format version:
- Format specification:
ASCII text version of ESRI ArcGIS raster format
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints