|5-minute Gridded Global Relief Data (ETOPO5)|
|Earth topography five minute grid (ETOPO5) is a gridded data base of worldwide elevations derived from several sources at a resolution of 5 minutes of latitude and longitude. Data are also available for on-line searching through the NGDC server at URL http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/global/global.html. ETOPO5 is also available on CD-ROM, and a number of derived products are available from NGDC.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- 5-Minute Gridded Global Relief Data Collection (ETOPO5)
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
Barry W. Eakins
DOC/NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC > National Geophysical Data Center, NESDIS, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce
Contact NGDC’s Marine Geology and Geophysics Division. http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/aboutmgg/contacts.html
9am-5pm, M-F, Mountain Time
- Depends on the Data Set
- Ordering Instructions
- Price information is available upon request. Prepay by check, money order or bank card. There is a standard handling charge, with additional costs for special handling. Orders may be placed via fax, email, regular mail or telephone
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Legal Constraints
- Citation Recommendation: Cite as: National Geophysical Data Center, 1993. 5-minute Gridded Global Relief Data (ETOPO5). National Geophysical Data Center, NOAA. doi:10.7289/V5D798BF [access date].