|Hoonah, Alaska Coastal Digital Elevation Model|
|NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) is building high-resolution digital elevation models (DEMs) to support individual coastal States as part of the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program’s (NTHMP) efforts to improve community preparedness and hazard mitigation. These integrated bathymetric-topographic DEMs are used to support tsunami and coastal inundation mapping. Bathymetric, topographic, and shoreline data used in DEM compilation are obtained from various sources, including NGDC, the U.S. National Ocean Service (NOS), the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and other federal, state, and local government agencies, academic institutions, and private companies. DEMs are referenced to various vertical and horizontal datums depending on the specific modeling requirements of each State. For specific datum information on each DEM, refer to the appropriate DEM documentation. Cell sizes also vary depending on the specification required by modelers in each State, but typically range from 8/15 arc-second (~16 meters) to 8 arc-seconds (~240 meters).|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Hoonah, Alaska Coastal Digital Elevation Model ASCII DEM
- Download DEM, metadata and readme file.
- Hoonah, Alaska Coastal Digital Elevation Model Homepage
- Information, preview and access DEM, metadata record and development report.
- DEM text search tool
- Text search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- Map Interface
- Graphic geo-spatial search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- NetCDF access and services on NCEI THREDDS Data Server
- ESRI Arc ASCII
- Format version:
- Format specification:
ASCII text version of ESRI ArcGIS raster format
- Format version:
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.