|Mariana Trench Bathymetric Digital Elevation Model|
|NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) created a bathymetric digital elevation model (DEM) for the Mariana Trench and adjacent seafloor in the Western Pacific Ocean. Bathymetric data used in DEM compilation were obtained from various sources, including internation, federal and academic partners. The DEM is referenced to the horizontal datum of World Geodetic System 1984 (WGS 84) and the vertical datum of sea level. Grid spacings for the Mariana Trench DEM is 6 arc-seconds (~180 meters). Please note that while positive elevations (elevations greater than 0 meters) are present in the DEM over ’dry’ land (i.e. islands such as Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands), they should be ignored as the focus of DEM development was solely in the bathymetric realm.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Mariana Trench Bathymetric Digital Elevation Model ASCII DEM
- Download DEM, metadata and readme file.
- Mariana Trench Bathymetric Digital Elevation Model Homepage
- Information, preview and access DEM, metadata record and development report.
- DEM text search tool
- Text search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- Map Interface
- Graphic geo-spatial search tool for locating completed and planned DEMs.
- ESRI Arc ASCII
- Format version: 1
- Format specification: ASCII text version of ESRI ArcGIS raster format
- Compression: WINZIP
- Use Limitation
- Not to be used for navigation. Although these data are of high quality and useful for planning and modeling purposes, they are not suitable for navigation. For navigation, please refer to the NOS nautical chart series.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints