|SIO Ferromanganese Nodule Description file - IDOE Portion|
|The Scripps Institution of Oceanography compiled descriptions of sediment samples related to ferromanganese deposits, funded through the International Decade of Ocean Exploration (IDOE) and Project MAGNOD by the National Science Foundation, as part of the SIO world sediment data bank. Descriptions are for 41 cores, 136 grab/dredges, and 19 box cores primarily from the East Central Pacific. Data include lithology, percent CaCO3, constituents by grain size, organic material/fossils, ages, other features, and minerals. Station and inventory information are included. These data are included in ASCII form on the NOAA and MMS Marine Minerals CDROM data set released by the former National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)(now part of NCEI) in October of 1992. They are also available for direct download from the NCEI web site.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Metadata record containing information about the database and links to download data and documentation
- Data files and documentation
- All originator’s data and documentation.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Please cite the originator of the data set, the date downloaded, and the National Centers for Environmental Information, NOAA, as the source of the data.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints