|CNEXO World-Wide Compilation of Published, Multi Component/Analyses of Ferromanganese Concretions|
|The Centre National Pour l’Exploitation des Oceans (CNEXO) ferromanganese nodule analysis files consist of geochemical data from published reports pertaining to oceanic ferromanganese deposits, including Russian, since 1891. Data were compiled under the direction of Professor Jean-Marie Monget of Ecoles de Mines, Paris through 1976 and contain data for nearly 200 marine core, dredge, and grab samples. Data include method of analysis, oxide/item/element concentrations, location, water depth, sample lithology, and bibliographic references. The CNEXO data are also available as part of the NOAA and MMS marine minerals database and are offered on the NOAA and MMS Marine Minerals CD-ROM data set released in October of 1992. The CNEXO data are also available for direct download from NCEI’s web server.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Metadata record containing information about the database and links to download data and documentation
- Data files and documentation
- All originator’s data and documentation.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Cite as: Ecoles de Mines Centre National pour l’Exploration des Oceans (CNEXO) Paris, France. Monget, J. M., et al. 1976. A worldwide compilation of published multi-component analyses of ferromanganese concretions. IDOE/NSF Grant 33616 and CNEXO contract 73/8. (and please cite NCEI as the source of the data)
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints