|Marine Geology Reports in the NGDC Archive|
|Scanned Marine Geology Reports in the NGDC Archive|
|Historic Marine Geologic data reports available are from academia, government, and non-U.S. sources. These reports were originally in paper or film form and were scanned to Portable Document Format (PDF) to enable online browse/download and archive in digital form. The following are examples of the types of analyses of sediment or rock from the ocean floor or lakebeds worldwide which may be included in individual data reports: descriptions of composition and/or lithology, grain size and other physical properties, mineralogy, geochemistry, paleontology, petrology, paleomagnetism and acoustics of sediment. They may also contain low-resolution photographs of cores or dredges, or the ocean floor. Reports are searchable via the Marine Geology Digital Inventory and may also be linked to/discoverable via the Index to Marine and Lacustrine Geological Samples (IMLGS). Scanned images of most paper data reports are available to view online, however, some Copyrighted reports contributed through the World Data Center System are available for on-site inspection only. For these reports, the geologic inventory provides links to the contributing institution for ordering.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Information about the data set, all access options, and complete documentation.
- Web page
- Web page of information about the data set with links to download data and documentation from NCEI.
- ArcGIS map
- ArcGIS interactive map interface to search and download data.
- Web forms interface
- Web forms interface to search and download data.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- Format specification:
Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Please cite the originator of the data set, the date downloaded, and the National Centers for Environmental Information, NOAA, as the source of the data.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Security Constraints