|Archive of Historic Core Data from the Ocean Drilling Program (ODP) Legs 101-129 (Pre-JANUS)|
|The Ocean Drilling Program (ODP) operated the drilling vessel JOIDES Resolution from 1984-2003 for over 100 cruises worldwide. The ODP was funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation and several countries through the Joint Oceanographic Institutions (JOI). In 1992, the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) placed most of the core data from legs 101-129 of the ODP onto CDROM in cooperation with NSF and JOI. The data are from an ODP relational database system in place prior to the later, JANUS, system. Not all of the data in this archive were transferred to JANUS, so some data files are unique. In 2001, the CDROM was replaced by a new version with an HTML interface, and also placed online. Data types included are: Age profile, carbon-carbonate, corelog, gas chromatography, gamma ray attenuation porositoy evaluator (GRAPE) special 2-minute counts, hard-rock visual core descriptions, hard-rock thin section descriptions, index properties of sediment, interstitial water chemistry, paleomagnetic susceptibility and intensity, rock evaluator data, sedimentary lithology, site summary, smearslide descriptions, velocity, and x-ray fluorescence data.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- How to cite this data set (doi:10.7289/V50V89RB), all access options, and complete documentation.
- Data files and documentation
- Web version of data and documentation from the 2000 version of the ODP CDROM containing ASCII text versions of all prime data files from Legs 101-129 of the ODP. Data access by leg, site/hole, data type, and geographic area.
- Web forms interface
- Text interface to search and download data and access related links.
- Map viewer
- ArcGIS interactive map interface to search and download data and access related links.
- Archive Web page
- Web page of information about the database including links to data, documentation, and related information on other web sites.
- Originator’s Web page
- Access data and information from the IODP website
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Citation Recommendation: Cite as: Ocean Drilling Program (1992): Archive of Historic Core Data from the Ocean Drilling Program (ODP) Legs 101-129 (Pre-JANUS). NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. doi:10.7289/V50V89RB [access date]
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints