|Chemical Composition of Ferromanganese Crusts in the World Ocean: A Review and Comprehensive Database. U.S. Geological Survey.|
|The USGS Ferromanganese Crust data set was compiled by F.T. Manheim and C.M. Lane-Bostwick of the U.S. Geological Survey, Woods Hole, MA. The data set consists of tables corresponding the USGS Open-File Report 89-020 "Chemical Composition of Ferromanganese Crusts in the World Oceans: A Review and Comprehensive Database." Data include excerpts from the SIO nodule file, the NOAA and MMS marine minerals data base, Japanese sources, a Ph.D. thesis, analyses performed at the Bureau of Mines, and analyses performed at other laboratories under the direction of the USGS. These data are also included on the NOAA and MMS Marine Minerals CD-ROM data set released by the former National Geophysical Data Center (now NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information) in October of 1992. The USGS crust are also available for download from NCEI’s Web site.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Metadata record containing information about the database and links to download data and documentation
- Data files and documentation
- Download originator’s data files and documentation for the data set.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Please cite the originator of the data set, the date downloaded, and the National Centers for Environmental Information, NOAA, as the source of the data.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints