|Japan Oceanographic Data Center (JODC) Descriptions of Seafloor Sediment Through 1975|
|This file was compiled by the Japan Oceanographic Data Center using the IOC Marine Geological Data Format. It includes 748 master records and 1740 data records. It contains information on unconsolidated sediments and hard rocks from the seafloor, including station location, collecting institution and ship, date of collection, type of collecting device, analysis method(s), grain size information, biogenous components, structure, non-biogenous components, age, sediment color, and remarks. Igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic rocks are also noted including encrustations, and erratics. Mass physical properties are given for sediments, including density, specific gravity of solids, water content, void ration, porosity, Atterberg limits, activity, cohesion, consolidation, sensitivity, and acoustic properties. These data are available for direct download from NCEI’s Web site.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Information about the data set, all access options, and complete documentation.
- Data files and documentation
- Download data files and documentation.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Please cite the originator of the data set, the date downloaded, and the National Centers for Environmental Information, NOAA, as the source of the data.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints