|The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Database|
|The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Properties Database contains test engineering properties data coded by students at NGDC from primarily U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office laboratory reports, but also from data reports generated by NOAA’s Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (AOML). These files consist of very few reports coded at NGDC into the historic "074" format which was then incorporated into the historic "073" digital format for physical properties of sediments. Coding was a test case, and full scale development of the data file was never undertaken.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Dataset information, links to view and download related data and documentation.
- Download all engineering properties data in the historic, fixed-field 073 data format, as a compressed .tar file.
- Search for engineering properties in the NGDC Marine Geology Inventory.
- view laboratory reports from which data were extracted for entry into the 073 format, and discover related non-digital data.
- Format version:
- Format specification:
American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) text format.
Marine Geology Data Manager
DOC/NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC > National Geophysical Data Center, NESDIS, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce
7:30 - 5:00 Mountain
- Use Limitation
- Please also cite the originator of the individual data set.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Citation Recommendation: Cite as: National Geophysical Data Center (1976): The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Properties Database. National Geophysical Data Center, NOAA, doi:10.7289/V56Q1V55 [date of access]
- Security Constraints