|The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Database|
|The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Properties Database contains test engineering properties data coded by students at NGDC from primarily U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office laboratory reports, but also from data reports generated by NOAA’s Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (AOML). These files consist of very few reports coded at NGDC into the historic "074" format which was then incorporated into the historic "073" digital format for physical properties of sediments. Coding was a test case, and full scale development of the data file was never undertaken.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- How to cite this data set (doi:10.7289/V56Q1V55), all access options, and complete documentation.
- Data files and documentation
- Download all engineering properties data in the historic, fixed-field 073 data format with documentation.
- Web forms interface
- view laboratory reports from which data were extracted for entry into the 073 format, and discover related non-digital data.
- Related landing page
- Related database that shares the same format as the NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Properties Database. National Geophysical Data Center (1976): The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Grain Size Database. NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. doi:10.7289/V5G44N6W
- Format version:
- Format specification:
American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) text format.
- Use Limitation
- Please also cite the originator of the individual data set.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Citation Recommendation: Cite as: National Geophysical Data Center (1976): The NGDC Seafloor Sediment Geotechnical Properties Database. NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. doi:10.7289/V56Q1V55 [date of access]
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted, but no search/subset capability is provided by NGDC.
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Security Constraints