|Deck41 Surficial Seafloor Sediment Description Database|
|Deck41 is a digital summary of surficial sediment composition for 36,401 seafloor samples worldwide. Data include collecting source, ship, cruise, sample id, latitude/longitude, date of collection, water depth, sampling device, dominant lithology, secondary lithology, and a brief description of the surficial sediment at the location. Descriptions were abstracted largely from unpublished laboratory reports and core log sheets contributed to the National Oceanographic Data Center prior to 1975. Descriptions were assigned by Ms. Susie Bershad,and Dr. Martin Weiss of the Marine Geology and Geophysics Branch of NODC, which was transferred to the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) in 1976, at which time compilation ceased. Data are free for online search and download.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Dataset information
- Web page of information about the database including links to full documentation and free data download from NGDC.
- Data download
- Links to documentation and free data download from NGDC.
- Dataset search and download
- Searches return data for onscreen viewing, and offer data exports in a tab-delimited form suitable for upload into most spreadsheet and database applications.
- Format version: UTF-8
- Format specification: American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) text format.
Marine Geology Data Manager
DOC/NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC > National Geophysical Data Center, NESDIS, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce
7:30 - 5:00 Mountain
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Cite as: Bershad, Susan and Martin Weiss (1976): Deck41 Surficial Seafloor Sediment Description Database. National Geophysical Data Center, NOAA. doi:10.7289/V5VD6WCZ
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Security Constraints