|Heat Flow Data Cruise MD72 RV Marion Dufresne over the Mascarene Ridge|
|Data were gathered by the R/V Marion Dufresne in May and June of 1992 over the Mascarene Ridge in the Indian Ocean on cruise MD72/MASCAFLUX. Heat flow measurements for 96 in-situ readings including both thermal conductivity and thermal gradient were recorded along two profiles perpendicular to the mascarene ridge. NCEI also archives bathymetric and magnetic data from the cruise. Data correspond to: Bonneville, et al., EOS, 73, 43, p. 542, 1992. and Bonneville, A., R.P. Von Herzen and F. Lucazeau, Heat flow over Reunion hot spot track: additional evidence for thermal rejuvenation of oceanic lithosphere, Journal of Geophysical Research, 1995. The data were sent to NCEI by Dr. Alain Bonneville for distribution.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Publisher’s landing page
- Information about the data set, all access options, and complete documentation.
- Data files and documentation
- All originator’s data and documentation.
- Format version:
(version is unknown)
- free online download
- Use Limitation
- Please cite the originator of the data set, the date downloaded, and the National Centers for Environmental Information, NOAA, as the source of the data.
- Produced by the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Access to this dataset is unrestricted.
- Security Constraints