|Water Column Sonar Data Collection|
|The collection and analysis of water column sonar data is a relatively new avenue of research into the marine environment. Primary uses include assessing biological abundance, species identification,and habitat characterization. It is also useful for evaluating underwater gas seeps, characterizing the seafloor and bathymetry. The NGCD is collection and archiving of this data from a number of sources including the NOAA and academic fleets, and making the data available to researchers and the public around the world.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Raw instrument files(.raw, .wcd)
- Format version: (version is unknown)
- Ordering Instructions
- Contact the NGDC Water Column Sonar Data Manage to order data
- Use Limitation
- These data are considered raw and have not been subjected to the NOAA’s quality control or quality assurance procedures. They are released for limited public use as preliminary data to be used only with appropriate caution. NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.
- Produced by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center. Not subject to copyright protection within the United States.