|Solar Imagery - Boulder Neutral Line Drawings|
|Synoptic Analysis Drawings, also known as Neutral Line (NL) drawings, are produced each day by space weather forecaster at the NOAA National Weather Service (NWS) Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC). These professional drawings ensure the forecasters have a comprehensive view of all relevant solar features. Daily drawings are available back to June 2, 1972 and are still being produced today. The drawing show features such as neutral lines, coronal hole boundaries, active regions, plage, filaments and prominences. Also included are specific information about coronal hole polarity, active region numbers, flare probabilities for each region and proton event probabilities for each region. The National Geophysical Data Center provides these drawings both as pdf images, available online, or as high-resolution tif images available by request.|
|Get the Data|
|Access||Format(s)||Distributor(s) / Contact Info||Instructions / Constraints|
- Space Weather
- Numerous space environmental datasets are available at the NGDC/STP website
- Format version: (version is unknown)
- Format specification: Some data provided in Adobe Portable Document Format (pdf).
DOC/NOAA/NESDIS/NGDC > National Geophysical Data Center, NESDIS, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce
Contact Data Center // firstname.lastname@example.org // (303) 497-6826
9:00 - 17:00 Mountain
- Browse images can be downloaded free of charge from the NGDC Solar and Terrestrial Physics (STP) division. High resolution images are available by request.
- Legal Constraints
- Use Limitation
- Access Constraints: None Use Constraints: None Distribution Liability: While every effort has been made to ensure that these data are accurate and reliable within the limits of the current state of the art, NOAA cannot assume liability for any damages caused by any errors or omissions in the data, nor as a result of the failure of the data to function on a particular system. NOAA makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor does the fact of distribution constitute such a warranty.