Well Log Data
Lower Cook Inlet C.O.S.T. No. 1
Shouth Alaska Outer Continental Shelf
National Geophysical Data Center (now the National Centers for Environmental Information) and
World Data Service for Geophysics, Boulder
Data Announcement 81-MGG-09
Well logs and auxiliary information from the Lower Cook Inlet Deep Stratigraphic Test (COST) Well No. 1 are available from the National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) (now the National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)). The Lower Cook Inlet COST well was drilled in 66.7 m (219 ft) of water to a total depth of 3,775.6 m (12,387 ft) from June 10, 1977 to September 24, 1977 by Atlantic Richfield Co., under permit from the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The location of the Lower Cook Inlet well is 59 degrees 31 minutes 06.344 seconds North latitude, 152 degrees 38 minutes 36.6037 seconds West longitude. 1 below. The USGS has provided the well log data for public dissemination.
- Dual Induction Laterolog
- Borehole Compensated Sonic Log
- Long Spaced Sonic Log
- Compensated Formation Density Log
- Compensated Neutron-Formation Density Log
- Proximity Log-Microlog
- Four-arm Continuous Dipmeter
- Dipmeter Arrow Plot
- Temperature Log
- Repeat Formation Tester
- Lithology Log
- Instantaneous Drilling Evaluation Log
- Delta Chloride Log
- Shale Density Log
- Dipmeter Cluster Circulation Listings
- Mud Log
- Conventional Core Descriptions
- Sidewall Core Descriptions
- Final Report P&P, etc. Analyses on Conventional and Sidewall Core Samples, and Core-Gamma Correlation Log
- Final Report on Shale Density Measurements on Drill Cuttings
- Photos of Slabbed Cores
- Preliminary Biostratigraphic Reports
- Final Micropaleontology Reports
- Final Data & Interpretive Report "Hydrocarbon Source Facies Analysis"
- Tech. Report #62, "Alteration of Sandstone from the L. Cook Inlet COST #1"
- X-ray Diffraction Data
- Petrographic Report on 23 Sidewall Samples
- Petrographic Report on 33 Samples
- SEM Photographs and X-ray Analyses on Cuttings Samples and Sidewall Cores
- "Petrographic, Scanning Electron Microscope, and X-ray Diffractometer Analyses of Cretaceous and Jurassic Samples..."
- "Carbon Isotopic Composition of Organic Extract Fractions of Cuttings Samples"
- Final Vitrinite Reflectance Report, plus an Amendment to the Report
- Vitrinite Reflectance Analyses from Cores #1-4
- Water Analysis Reports on Four Repeat Formation Tester Samples
- Jurassic and Cretaceous Sandstones Lower Cook Inlet COST Well
- Petrographic Description of Thin Sections from Lower Cook Inlet COST #1 Well
- Addendum Report covering Carbon Isotopic Determinations for the Saturates Fraction
How to Order
All data are available on one reel of 16-mm microfilm (reel #1478) and thirty-eight 35-mm color transparencies.