Various CD-ROMs in Different STP Disciplines Available
- Solar Variability Multi-Discipline CD-ROM Set: Contains solar flare reports, sunspot numbers and region histories, total solar irradiance, and solar bursts. Some available data are digital geomagnetic hourly values, magnetic activity indices, cosmic ray observation, solar wind and interplanetary magnetic field hourly values, lists of magnetic storms, and ionospheric and geomagnetic model programs.
- Ionospheric Digital Database 2 CD-ROM Set: A 2-disc CD-ROM set containing ionospheric vertical incidence parameters from 130 global sites. Data have been digitized, reformatted, and converted to universal time. Software can display data in local meridian time and allows user to browse and display. Disc 1 contains data from 1957-1975 and Disc 2 contains data from 1976-1990.
- GOES Space Environment Monitor Data on CD-ROM: Contains X-ray, Magnetometer, and Energetic Particle data measured by NOAA's Geosynchronous Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES) from Jan 1986 - Apr 1994. These data are an excellent resource for studying solar activity and its effects in near-earth space.
- Cosmic Ray Neutron Monitor Data: A "write-once" CD-ROM written in ASCII text files containing cosmic ray data from neutron monitors operating in many parts of the world with data going back to 1953.
- Solar Flares in Hydrogen-Alpha: A "write-once" CD-ROM written in standard ASCII text files containing solar flare records grouped by year from ground based observations. Data include reports (1938-present), events (1955-present), patrol (1955-present), and indices (1955-1980).
- Regions of Solar Activity: A "write-once" CD-ROM written in standard ASCII text files containing records of Ca plage regions and sunspot groups. Records are grouped by year and by station. Plage observations are from Big Bear (1981-1987), Hale (1979-1981), McMath (1942-1979), AGD Table (1969-1982), and Indices (1970-1987). Sunspot observations are from Catania (1978-present), Greenwich (1874-1982), Mt Wilson 1962-present), Rome (1958-1998), Kandilli (1996-present), Taipe (1964-1994), and US Air Force (1981-present).
- Solar Radio Bursts: A "write-once" CD-ROM written in standard ASCII text files containing solar emissions recorded since 1960 at ground observation stations, available on this CD at discrete and sweep frequencies.
- STEP Project 6.4: This is a 2-disc set of geomagnetic 1.0 minute values for 1990 and 1991 from global stations contributing to the Solar-Terrestrial Energy Program. These data are currently on-line.
For more information about these CD-ROMs and how to order the "write-once" CD-ROMs, please contact the Data Center.