SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-02-20
From NGDC Wiki
- Phil Jones
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- Don Collins
- Jeremy Throwe
- Scott McCormick
- Anna Milan
New SA Template Review by Phil
- Title Structure Change.
- Change Logs. Use in draft phase, but clear out and declare Version 1.0 when Producer and Archive agree on a completion of initial version that's ready for signatures.
- Document Control Numbers. As discussed previously, would obtain from through a Document Control File via a management system like KT.
- Go with Acronmyns.
- Contacts. Add an additional contact block at the end.
- Section 3. SIP(s) now described in an Aggregate Info Section - ISO compliance.
- Section 3. Vocab Standard. If data set uses a standard like "CF compliance." There are a lot of controlled vocabularies that are not standard - so be careful. Include directions in Instructions. Change name of row from 'Vocab Standard' to Controlled Vocabulary
- Section 184.108.40.206 Spatial Coverage. Added General Description Fields.
- Section 220.127.116.11 Representation Information. Remove Producer Standard Metadata as it most likely will be captured in the PDI and Rep Info Items section. However, spell out Instructions clearly to include (encourage) references about lineage and algorithm associated with SIPs. And add a word or two in the initial paragraph about referencing standard metadata files...
- Section 18.104.22.168 Submission Inventory. New format applied. Discussed reference ID and file information in context of the example SA examined by group.
- Section 5. Storage Handling: Dates. Fiscal Year changed to Date/Event.
- Distribution List. Keep for now.
- Next mtg., present template to Ken Casey. Have Instructions ready.
- Possibly discuss information capture in PDF that can be easily transferred to XML for ingest into other databases. Looked briefly at the NOAA Electronic Document Form, 24-13.
- SA requirements - when to execute, at the descretion of each data center or have a policy that's enacted across all of the NNDC and CLASS?
Next meeting/action items
- Mar. 6th, 1-3pm EST.