SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-09-16
From NGDC Wiki
- Phil Jones
- Dan Kowal
- Anna Milan
- Tess Brandon
- Scott McCormick
- Jeremy Throwe
SA Template Review
- Main objective of rewrite: make it shorter, clarify a few sections.
- Section 1. Removed more OAIS descriptions and eliminated the table TOC.
- Section 2.
- Producer -> Provider labels changed (throughout document).
- Made note of Organization/Organization Support could have different addresses. Will use Additional Details field to capture this info if necessary.
- Individual Contacts info now captured in a consolidated matrix. Instructions *will define contact types. Change Consumer to "Community Rep".
- Section 3.
- Will keep "Context" for ID description. Allows for flexibility such as inputting an Aggregation ID if needed.
- Shortened the spatial/temporal section; make it more general.
- Section 4. Group discussed structuring this section to follow OAIS terminology, especially with the use of the term "Ingest" given its connotations. Phil will restructure it based on our discussions. Make 4.0 "Ingest;" 4.1 "Data Receipt" and 4.2 "Quality Assurance."
- Clarified that Quality assessments described in 4.2 are Archive functions only. Any Provider QC via error flags in data and reference documentation/metadata will be described in 220.127.116.11, Preservation Descriptive Information.
- Group will email any further ideas to Phil. He will incorporate changes and send out a draft for the group to review next week.
- All comments in by next Friday, 9/25/09.
- If necessary, an adhoc mtg will be set up if more discussion needed about the template.
- Anna would like the data set discussions/data center to come back as the initial item on the agenda at future mtgs.