NOAA logo, National Centers for Environmental Information, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
US National Science Foundation Division of Ocean Sciences
Index to Marine and Lacustrine Geological Samples (IMLGS)

Repository: Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
Contact the Curator
Ship: Vema
Cruise: VM18 (V1808)
Sample: 044SBT
Device: dredge
Latitude: -34.4166
Longitude: -51.7833
Water Depth(m): 207 to 214
Date: 19620425
Storage: room temperature, dry
1 :   
Description: Fossils make up about 90% of sediment including worm tubes, pelecypods, gastropods, bryozoans, shell fragments.. Sand-sized mineral grains and rock fragments account for the remaining 10% including rounded quartz grains..

When you refer to individual samples/data in the IMLGS, please cite each source repository whose data you use.

More Information and how to cite the IMLGS: doi:10.7289/V5H41PB8.

ESRI iconUse the Interactive Map Interface