Annual Metadata Maintenance Guide
(Difference between revisions)
Anna.milan (Talk | contribs)
(New page: === Review Content === * Do '''all''' of your archive holdings have metadata? * Are '''URLs''' up-to-date? * Are '''contacts''', phone numbers and emails up-to-date? * Are '''keywords''' s...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 09:15, 11 September 2012
- Do all of your archive holdings have metadata?
- Are URLs up-to-date?
- Are contacts, phone numbers and emails up-to-date?
- Are keywords still up-to-date?
- When was the metadata last updated or reviewed?
How well does the metadata describe the resource?
- Is the scope of the metadata granular enough to describe the resource?
- Is quality and data history included?
- Does the distribution link take users to that data access page?
Have the metadata standard(s) and/or metadata tools evolved?
- Are there new features that could help document your data better?
- Are there ways to re-using metadata programmatically?
- Distributing metadata with data data download?
- Providing links to metadata for more information from data distribution sources?
Related Projects and Communities
- Are there expectations and guidance available from projects and communities?
- Is the metadata content compatible with projects and communities?
- Are there other projects and communities that the metadata can be a part of?