Difference between revisions of "Geoportal"
|Line 183:||Line 183:|
Latest revision as of 06:57, 14 May 2013
What is it?
Geoportal software is an application for discovering data and service resources within the data center.
Key functional components:
- Support for FGDC, Remote Sensing Extensions, and ISO 19115-2 metadata standards
- Support for ArcGIS Server
- Support for OpenDAP (via customization)
- Metadata can be harvested from WAFs
- Open Source Software with technical support options
- Support for federated searches
- OGC CSW compliant
- Growing user community across NOAA
What metadata and services are available for search?
Contains 27,318 NGDC records. (30 January 2012 (MST))
Contains 28,725 records total. (30 January 2012 (MST))
How do the metadata and services get harvested?
Set up of the harvest nodes are managed by Dave Neufeld and Anna Milan. If there are problems with the source metadata Anna will advise the appropriate author as needed. Data managers do not need to manage the harvest and synchonization process - HOWEVER, it is recommended that each data manager take some time to review the metadata in Geoportal.
Synchronized weekly. All metadata records are re-harvested and indexed automatically.
Selection of a distributed search option enables searching remote catalogs from the geoportal's interface. Lucene search options may differ.
- Free Text
- Lucene Text Search
- Geographic Names
- How to Set Up Open Search
- How to Set Up Search Widget
Custom Search Features
- Search by date across FGDC and ISO
- Search by service
- Search within WAF
- Links to different views of the metadata - Details (HTML), Metadata (XML)
- URLs in metadata become links - Preview, Open, WMS, Website, Download
- Browse graphic
- Zoom to location on map
REST API Search Results
- HTML FRAGMENT
Multibeam REST API Examples
Search within the multibeam WAF for records with start date 2009-02-01 to end date 2012-02-01 with HTML response: Multibeam Example1 Link
Search within the multibeam WAF for keywords 'Elevation' with JSON response: Multibeam Example2 Link
Search within the multibeam WAF for records within -82.692,32.6969,-67.2573,40.2692 with JSON response: Multibeam Example3 Link
- ISO 19115-2 support
- Customized browse catalog
- OpenDAP Viewer linkage in Geoportal
- Keyword checklist in search options
- Drop down menus
- Classification by WAF
- Service Type
- Metadata Modification Date Search
- LDAP configuration
- Upgrade to version 1.2
- Improve descriptions and capabilities of service metadata
- Explore semantic search and NGDC specific ontologies
- Facet search integration
- Manager and/or Sponsor - Dan Kowal
- Science Lead - Ted Habermann
- Technology Lead - Dave Neufeld
- Training and Metadata Content - Anna Milan
--Ashah 07:57, 14 May 2013 (MDT)