NGDC Vocabulary Service
Beta SKOS Controlled Vocabularies at NGDC
We hope that this vocabulary service will support ECS and the Index to Geological Samples. It is currently under development and testing. The goal is to support vocabularies that can be interpreted by computers and humans. The current intent is to post a listing of vocabulary terms that can be referenced in our metadata and could potentially be used in greater ontologies.
Links under revision/in testing January 2012
- http://wwwdemo.ngdc.noaa.gov/voc-content HTML test vocabulary
- http://wwwdemo.ngdc.noaa.gov/voc/sample_index RDF test vocabulary
- open RDF with Firefox
- Disco Semantic Browser
- (try entering http://wwwdemo.ngdc.noaa.gov/voc/sample_index to experiment)
- SKOS/RDF Validator Service
- RDF Validator
- Simple Knowledge Organization System (SKOS)
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) provides a lightweight ontology system to support the exchange of knowledge on the Web.
- SKOS vocabulary service at R2R
- NERC Data Grid Vocabulary server at BODC
--Ashah 14:55, 13 May 2013 (MDT)