Difference between revisions of "Purgatory Record Transition"
From NGDC Wiki
(New page: ==Purgatory Binning= ===Records to Save=== * Records/Data that have been transferred to another Archive. * Records/Data NGDC no longer curates. ** Note: update the metadata to indicate thi...)
Revision as of 09:36, 22 July 2011
Records to Save
- Records/Data that have been transferred to another Archive.
- Records/Data NGDC no longer curates.
- Note: update the metadata to indicate this status and when decided and why?
- If a metadata record exists, but was reaggregated and identified and superceded by another record, keep it. The data may also be reorganized.
- Records/Data that we don't know the data management responsibilities for.
Records to Purge
- Test or incomplete.
- Same ID or Title as one that's currently published.
- Multiple records that have been superceded or reoganized into a single record that's currently published.
- Have one collection level record and it's broken down into granular records.
Strategy for Purgatory Review and Clean-up
- Create XSL of a report listing for all purgatory records by record set (Anna).
- Modify existing ISOMD.METADATA_DATES_VU to view records. Or, join views (Dan).
- Low hanging fruit:
- Expunge Test Records, search in the title field. (both)
- Filter by Owners, especially departed owners for evaluating to keep or remove. (both)
- Communicate with other Record Set Owners about what to do with their purgatory records. (Anna)
- Longterm plan for records identified to "Save":
- Add lineage information about dispostion is absent in record.
- Export Saved Records into a Database with minimal metadata.
- Create Database - consult with JPL. (Dan)
- Action by both Dan and Anna for importing records.
- Mid-August: Complete Low Hanging Fruit.
- End of August: Have all candidates identified for removal and delete.
- Sept: Create database to hold saved records.
- End of Sept. Export 50% of Saved Record Candidates to database.
- Endo od Oct.: Export the remaining 50% of records to database.