Request to Archive with ATRAC
(Difference between revisions)
m (Request to Archive Questionnaire moved to Request to Archive with ATRAC: New process for placing archive requests.)
Revision as of 16:42, 29 April 2011
The following questions are used for initial appraisal of a request to archive at NGDC:
- Is there any over-arching agreement (ex.: MOU, MOA) or standing arrangement that justifies this request?
- Does the proposed data set fit the mission of the data center?
- A brief description of each dataset (Time period of content, purpose and current/expected value to science and society).
- What is the format of the data? (Proprietary, binary or ascii, self-describing, standard format, etc....)
- What metadata exists for the data set? Does it follow a standard format such as FGDC or ISO?
- How many files are we talking about? What is the overall volume?
- Given the volume, what data transfer arrangements are needed - will data be submitted in one session or multiple?
- Will it be a one time submission or do you foresee more in the future and at what frequency?
- What kind of data quality information is provided with each dataset?
- Do you require any special access to the data once it's archived here?
- What user groups do you expect would want access to this data - are there any restrictions on redistributing it?
- Who are the contacts from the provider end in overseeing this arrangement and handling the data delivery?
Submit responses to this questionnaire to the NGDC Data Administrator.