SAWG MTG Minutes 2008-12-03
- Phil Jones
- Drew Saunders
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- Jeremy Throwe
- Scott McCormick
- Anna Milan
- Reviewed comments by CLASS and NGDC officials.
- Input given on what comments to address or disregard.
- Following changes will be made:
- Flesh out Operations section to include reporting mechanisms to COPB and a description for how discussion items will be proposed for meetings.
- Reference OAIS in the purpose and perhaps add reference to the NOAA Procedure for Scientific Records Appraisal and Archive Approval process.
- Add addendum and move participant list there.
- Phil will revamp and repost/resend to the group.
Filling out SA Exercise: Section 3 & 4.
- Dan used example from CORS - Continuously Operating Reference System - to fill out 3.1-1.
- Group suggested merging of data series description into one row with multiple descriptions for each data type under Data Set Reference ID.
- Discussed submission session descriptions (Section 4) and breaking out descriptions into individual subsections for each ingest node.
- Reviewed how directory structure is referred to in Table 4.1.3-1: Submission Inventory with subsequent file type description per row.
- Identified how processing steps are handled in current version of SA and discussed options for referencing information in new template.
- Use 126.96.36.199 Preservation Descriptive Information or 188.8.131.52 Producer Standard Metadata sections to cite existing sources of PDI that describe lineage.
- Cite existing documentation.
- Use appendix and reference as an initial step to capture this information with the understanding that lineage information will be stored in a metadata record.
- Item not discussed is where to document how the Archive will be notified if some part of the processing changes - where is place to put this?
- Dan will fill in more SA details to review next time.
- Next Mtg. slated for 2008-12-18.
- Evaluate status of the SA template and see if it's ready to share with the COPB who is slated to meet 2009-01-13.
- SA progress tracking.
- The definition of SIP.