SAWG MTG Minutes 2008-12-18
- Phil Jones
- Drew Saunders
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- Jeremy Throwe
- Scott McCormick
- Anna Milan
- Reviewed revised charter edited by Phil.
- Finalized editing changes, and is now ready for review by the COPB.
- Anna will send final to group.
Template Review: Section 3 & 4
- Dan asked about the use of macros in filling out metadata information if there is an existing metadata record in XML format following FGDC.
- Discussed potential problems with keeping the linkage in sync if the location of the metadata record changes over time.
- Given that it's mostly static information, a one time cut/paste from the metadata record is not too much to ask.
- Discussed using the REFIDs to match the Dataset Identifier in the NMMR as a reference aid.
- Potential course to take is to only list the NMMR Dataset Identifier and link to the metadata records for this descriptive information.
- Submission Inventory. Dan will share with Phil how the CORS SA is currently structured, and see how to migrate this information to the current template.
COPB Mtg. Presentation
- The next meeting slated for Jan. 13th is too early to present.
- Group will aim for February's meeting with goal of presenting:
- Outline of the SA template.
- Highlight certain areas.
- Show an example entirely filled out.
- To Do List:
- Phil will finish filling out the rest of the instructions.
- Dan will fill out an example based on the CORS dataset.
- Friday, Jan. 9th, 2009 at 3:00 PM EST.
- Agenda Items:
- Progress Report on deliverables for COPB Mtg. Assess if we'll have something to show by the Feb. mtg., and if so, asked to be placed on the agenda.
- SPSRB. Ask Anna for a progress report and discuss interaction (if any) that the SAWG should have with this group. Jeremy thought it would be important to present what expectations does the SAWG have for data providers submitting products to the SPSRB.