SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-04-03
- Phil Jones
- Drew Saunders
- Dan Kowal
- Don Collins
- Jeremy Throwe
- Scott McCormick
- Anna Milan
Draft Submission Agreement Status
- SAWG wondering about COWG feedback.
- Dan will convey to Ken Casey our thoughts that the draft template is fairly stable but will need to be considered as a "living template," and is likely to experience slight modifications as we begin to use it.
- The template will be presented at the next COPB mtg.
NCDC Presentation on "What to Archive" Process
- Phil delivered a subset of slides from a larger presentation that go through the OAIS phases as part of the ARCHIVE-Producer Interface Recommendations:
- "What to Archive" Process mapped out here for both new data and the removal of existing data.
- Phil discussed that NCDC is thinking more about including Providers in the filling out of the SAs through some kind of interface in order to facilitate the work load.
Review of Ken Casey's Request to Archive Process for CLASS
- Discussed issues of when/where/whom regarding the identification of CLASS as the archive. Will forward on to Ken.
- Don clarified understanding of information regarding when templates were needed as part the CLASS archive decision.
- Discussed notion of CLASS as the default archive for all NOAA data where as locally stored data would be exceptions to the rule. Idea was brought up as part of everyone's frustration that there's no clear guidance on the when/where/whom decides what goes into CLASS.
- There will be a meeting next week at NCDC to discuss workflow and Data Center requirements for archiving modeling data.
SA Status Tracking
- Dan will pass on to Ken to present SAWG's interest in using the KT repository in CLASS for document management, and find out who decides to make it so.
- Group discussed variety of ways to track the documents and will set aside a future meeting to discuss this. NGDC already has a tracking DB and could expand it for all Data Centers, but maybe KT is the only place to track. Anna shared that KT has a WorkFlow metadata that can be assigned to each document for tracking.
- April 17, 1 PM, EST.
- Agenda topics:
- Feedback from COPB mtg.
- Archive Recommendation Package Template.
- SA Status Tracking.