SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-07-24
- Phil Jones
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- GOES-R activities discussed briefly. Focused on current issue of scheduling conflict between the contractors and CLASS for satisfying search/display metadata requirements. Discussed that this issue perhaps poses the question about if there's a better way to derive requirements outside of the SA so that it's development timeframe does not become an issue.
- Costs. Reviewed the NODC scenario of the most recent request to have CLASS developers expand the level of service for a pre-existing product in CLASS. This situation is a good model for where the Data Provider should come up with the funding. There is still a question about what base operations should cover vs. what additional can be asked of the provider to support the archive activities.
SAWG Meeting Logistics.
- Have we achieved our goal in terms of developing the SA Template? Do we need to meet with the same frequency? Is 1x/mo. adequate. Like to bring up with the group next time as well as decide if the Fri. mtg. time is still good.
- There are other archive activities besides SA that would be good to discuss such as deriving cost estimates as part of the appraisal process. Plus reviewing SA issues would be good to cover.
- Like to bring up as a main topic next mtg.
- Focus on what we can provide for SPSRB in the way of a presentation to the COWG such that they can decide how best to communicate to Tom S. Proposals should not come directly from us.
- Phil uploaded a template marked with a number of change comments. He will continue to update this one as we review it, keeping the current Draft the way it is.
- The group reviewed up through Section 2 and discussed a number of changes to consolidate information. Phil will incorporate the changes in the document. He will also look at developing a Contacts Matrix with Roles that might shorten the length of this section.
- Friday, August 14, 11 MST.