SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-10-16
From NGDC Wiki
- Phil Jones
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- Jason Sharp (new from NCDC, working with Phil, present for 1st half)
- NODC meeting with NDBC next week.
- Reviewing data NODC gets from NDBC, looking at consolidation of data sets and formalizing arrangements via the new SA template; will see how flexible it is for this interaction.
- Dan mentioned data sets already archived via previous SA interactions with NDBC.
- Dan mentioned other metadata efforts for keeping track of station histories via the NCDC MMS/ISIS systems. Tess may want to review these with NDBC reps.
SA Template Review
- Dan has updated instructions in current template, and will incorporate input from Phil and repost the wiki.
- Dan used latest CORS SA transformation as an example.
- Group discussed the use of shortnames for data set schedules for clarity sake.
- Was a good example showing multiple submission sessions and SIPs.
- Review Records Appraisal Process and where this group can have some input.
- Other templates
- Clarify process, approvals, etc.... Some timing issues exist as to who to present a recommendation to first, the COWG or COPB.
- What input can this group give to the SPSRB?
- NCDC archive project tracking. Dan showed what he's done, utilizing the spreadsheets Phil set up in the KT, and managing progess information in a database.
- Cost Modeling.
- Fri. Nov. 13, 11:00am MST.