SAWG MTG Minutes 2009-11-13
From NGDC Wiki
- Phil Jones
- Dan Kowal
- Tess Brandon
- Jason Sharp
- Scott McCormick
- Jeremy Throwe
- NCDC: NexRad to CLASS starting up.
- Jason-3 Kickoff mtg. at NSOF on 12/09. 2014 Launch.
- GOES-R. CDRL with Harris will keep them engaged in the SA process.
- NPP SA. Some issues have come up.
SA Section 1: Original Data Discussion
- Dan presented recent issue about Archive Control as stated in the SA.
- Focus should be on preserving the content, not necessarily the format.
- The more versions to support, the more maintenance.
- What is the extra cost to keep the original; can the provider give support?
- Discussed some data conversion examples such as DMSP to NetCDF.
- Dan will send out sample text he will include in the SA that states an OAIS does not mandate the removal of original data.
Archive Flowchart Process Review
- The group reviewed the latest version from Ken Casey back in August.
- Question came up about where to specify engagement with CLASS to get an initial cost estimate if archive request targeted for CLASS. Discussed obtaining a rough order of magnitude that could used in the recommendation package; and then a second round of refined estimates obtained as the COPB has the COWG review the request.
- Dan will confer with Ken upon his visit at NODC next week.
- Fri. Dec. 18, 11:00am MST.