SAWG MTG Minutes 2010-02-19
- Dan Kowal
- Anna Milan
- Phil Jones
- Jason Sharp
- Ken Roberts
- Amy Puki
- Tess Brandon
- Scott McCormick
NCDC: Archive Project Tracking
- NCDC gave a demo on their new system (still in development) for tracking archive project tasks, contacts, etc....
- Has authentication/forms for logging in and providing input. Thought given for public input as well for data providers - they are looking at this tool as a vehicle to get input for archive requests, appraisal, SA and even metadata info.
- Timeline display to see status of a given project.
- Similar to spreadsheet that Phil created in the past; has sorting and search capabilities.
- Projects are associated with a user profile.
- The intention for use is for anything having an SA associated with it.
- You can add custom tasks like a requirements doc.
- Request to Archive Form has 1/3 to 1/2 of the Qs used for the formal appraisal process. NGDC has a preliminary R-to-A form of 13 Qs while NODC has ~ 70 in their SIF. Phil discussed that it may be possible to customize per data center.
- Overview/Timelines can be viewed by the public.
- Discussion about Archive Level Identifiers. Anna wondered about who is responsible for generating these idntifiers. Phil said this will become more critical once they are ready to populate metadata. The next rev will aim to pre-populate templates from project info.
- Security Testing the next couple of weeks. Will look at getting testers after that.